Saturday, November 19, 2011

Can I swap 15 inch wheels for 14 inch alloys on my Vauxhall?

I have a 2002 Vauxhall Astra 1.6D with 15 inch wheels. I still have the 14 inch alloy wheels off my 1980 something (Can't remember - shame on me - it was E reg) Vauxhall Cavalier SRi 130. Is it possible to replace the 15 inch wheels with the 14 inch alloys? Thanks|||virtually any vauxhall 4 stud will fit another 4 stud, rear drum brake, its the spigot ring in the centre if it will fit over the centre hub, plus if the wheels dish the right way to clear the calliper on the front|||I think you'll find the hubs are different sizes, and you can't physically fit the wheels on - I had that problem with a previous car.|||Yes, but you need bigger tyres so that the circumference of the tyre remains constant - would look odd though...|||yes you can its pretty easy they should fit well|||It should be OK. But check your clearance in your wheel arches. Look at other Astra's or see a custom car book.|||Don't try! even if they do fit your speedo will read incorrectly afterwards, and it will alter the ride of the car|||I tried this many years ago but the other way round (smaller to larger). It affected the road holding plus i blew the big ends. I'd give it a miss if i were you.|||yes they will fit...unless your astra is a van...i recall the rear hubs are bigger than than the car...also depends on the front disc/calipers..they may hit the wheel...best bet is to give them a go...|||they should fit fine. they are all vauxhall parts so the bolts should go in the same place. after that its only a case of seeing if the smaller wheels fit over the brakes

No comments:

Post a Comment