Saturday, November 19, 2011

How do i change a 2004 Vauxhall Astra Rear Light?

Hi





I have a Vauxhall Astra and I unfortunately backed into something and smashed the casing.





Having looked it, it looks as though I have to replace the whole rear cluster casing.





I plan to buy one of these but how do I change it?





I've looked in the boot and I can locate two bolts and this loosens the casing, but it still won't come out....





Any help would be much appreciated.





Thanks|||Hello





If you look at the 2 bolts that you have found


If they are both at the Top of the Cluster there should be another 2 at the Bottom.


If 1 is at the Top and 1 at the Bottom on the same side there should be another 2 on the other side of the Cluster.


If you go and buy the New/Second Hand One you will see where the other 2 are.


You may have to remove some trim to get to them.





Andy C|||You are on the right track undoing the 2 bolts. Chances are it wont come any further because its stuck due to a bit of bent bodywork. Have a look and ease it out. Will need it free to put a new one in as well|||Maybe tell the driver to get driving lessons for a start.





I can recommend you to go to a car shop, they can give you some sources to help you fix the light.





Hope it helps =]

No comments:

Post a Comment